Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tasty Summer Treats

My mom used to make popsicles every summer for us. She passed down the Tupperware molds and I just remembered the other day I had them. So I pulled out and started making some tasty treats. Betty was more than willing to help. We had just gone to the library and Audrey was more interested in reading the bag of books she had checked out instead of helping. The first batch we made pudding pops. Rebecca - you would be proud. I didn't use instant pudding. I did it the old fashioned way.
Next we made mixed berry ones. I didn't have any kool aid so I improvised and used jello. For a twist we added fresh strawberries.
These are ready to go in the freezer.
Viola! They were a hit. See the strawberries? They loved them. Audrey was able to put the books down long enough to enjoy them.
Delicious!
The perfect treat for a summer afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you have the Tupperware popsicle forms. I had forgotten I gave them to you and spent a long time searching for them before you came in June. Thought I lost my mind since I couldn't find them. No, just lost my mind and forgot I gave them to you. Another senior moment. Did I also give you my recipes?
I do remember you kids loved eating them and we made lots.