Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is It Going To Hurt?

Tonight we took Audrey and Betty to get their ears pierced. Sojung went to lend support. Before we pulled out of the car out of the garage we heard a little voice ask, "Is this going to hurt?"
This girl was ready to go! No hesitation from her at all. Her only dilemma was which earring to choose.
So many choices!
I'll be honest. These places make me a little sick to my stomach. I don't know why. I told Marcus I could not be in there for fear I would pass out. Just a few weeks ago I took them to the doctor and they had to draw blood and I managed, but I wasn't feeling so strong tonight. So I did what every good mom does, document their child's pain and post it on the internet. Thank you Marcus for be the brave one.
After the first earring I wasn't so sure there would be a second. But this guy was patient.
We decided to let Audrey go next and hopefully Betty would come around. This is Audrey anticipating the pain.
She's a trooper. She said, "That's it?" Those were the magic words Betty needed to hear.
Round two.
Audrey chose beautiful flower earrings.
Betty choice was a gold cross. She needed a little Jesus tonight!
The girls at the scene of the crime. And look, no more tears.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't they pierce both at the same time. After my painful experience the first time, I was like Betty and almost didn't get the second ear done. Then when I got them pierced the second time several years later, I had them do both ears at the same time. Remember that if the girls ever want a second hole.

Don't take the studs out too soon. Remember the problem you had when you had yours pierced the first time.

Twice Blessed said...

I leave for just a few days and look what happens!! You didn't even tell me you were thinking of this...they look so darling. I had a feeling you were probably in Bath & Body Works during the whole ordeal. Call me this week. I need an adult bev and a friend to talk to!

The G's said...

They could not do both ears at the same time because there was only one person working the store. But she is thrilled with her earrings. Everybody that comes in contact with the girls has to admire their earrings.

Dana-we had been talking about this for some time. Yes, I was thinking about going to B and B. I don't do well in these situations. Call me when you get back into town. El Tio has been calling!!!!