Monday, July 14, 2008

Mrs. Foster and My Mom Should Be Proud!




Most of my summers were spent trying to finish a 4-H sewing project that seemed like a good idea when we were in the fabric store. I think I spent more time sewing in reverse (ripping out seams) than real sewing. But because of that I can sew a mean straight line. One Halloween I managed to put together two poodle skirts and them survived the night. When I found this pattern for very cute headbands I had to give it a try. The girls are trying to grow out their bangs and this is the best solution to keep their hair out of their eyes. Plus they will wear a uniform for school next year and this will keep it from getting too boring.
Sojung was a super helper. She pressed seams and turned fabric which made the process go even faster. I used flannel material mainly because it was the cutest this JoAnn Fabrics had and it was one sale. The girls love them! That is what matters. The best thing is the headbands are reversible.
We are off to visit the dentist today. No one is looking forward to this trip. I have promised them another trip to the fabric store after the appointment.
Next, I want to make these.

3 comments:

Awin said...

Holly Homemaker, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Holly Homemaker or Martha Stewart indead!

Do I need to send you all your 4-H fair champion and blue ribbons that you won from your sewing so you can display them on the wall in your sewing area?

Grandma Dola would be proud that her sewing machine has been put to such good fun use. Keep up the good work. Yes, I am proud of you!!!

Twice Blessed said...

I don't understand how they are reversible?? Too cute. Where's yours?