Sunday, July 6, 2008

Little House on the Prairie

Raise your hand if you either read the books or watched the TV series about Laura Ingalls Wilder. I did both and wanted to be Laura. Minus the one room log cabin, no a/c, outhouse. I was interested in the cute prairie dresses and the adorable braids Melissa Gilbert had.

We visited the Little House on the Prairie site in Independence, KS. They really enjoyed it. In fact Audrey and Betty wanted to wear braids in honor of Laura. My mom bought both girls a Laura doll and they haven't stopped playing with her yet.
Audrey and Betty were amazed that all grades went to school in one room. As a teacher I am thinking there could not have been enough planning periods in the day.

4 comments:

Dorinda said...

It does make small classes not seem so bad though doesn't it?!! At least that's what I tell myself.

Just now catching up - I hope you are enjoying your road trip and your summer. I hope to see you guys soon...

Hawkrew said...

I don't think it was allowed if you grew up in Kansas not to read the Little House on the Prairie books. Required I think is the term.

I can't say that I wanted to live that life though...

It's great to see everything is going good with you guys, I hope everyone enjoyed the go go go pace of Kansas!

Anonymous said...

I can so relate with the extra planning periods comment!!

Happy Mommy said...

I read every single book! And I loved the show too! I need to read them to the kids, I think they will love them to.