Monday, June 9, 2008

It's Official...

We have taken a huge step. One that we have been able to avoid much longer than most of our friends. Yesterday we purchased a minivan. I know...I can hear the gasps from here. But it was time and I was ready. The minivans of today are not at all like the ones when I was a kid. And I am thankful! (Sorry, no pictures. They will come soon. I will let the girls give you the grand tour of the van.) We are the proud owners of a 2008 Toyota Sienna. It is salsa red and come with all the bells and whistles. The girls will be able to enjoy DVDs and wireless headphones on their upcoming trip to Kansas. There is also an electrical plug in that enables us to use the Wii. (I think that was the selling point for Marcus.)

Betty had mixed feelings about the van. While she loved it, she was sad to say goodbye to our 2005 black Camry. (I understand this was how I felt when my parents sold their yellow banana, I mean car when I was a little girl.) Betty told me she hoped the dealership would keep the car until she was old enough to buy it. She asked Audrey on the way home if she missed the black car too. Audrey said "No way! Goodbye black car, hello paradise!"

9 comments:

Awin said...

So you're driving to Kansas now? Luckily gas is nice and cheap.

Twice Blessed said...

It's true folks! I've seen the mv with my own eyes..and even sat in the drivers seat. It's a lovely shade of salsa. They all look great driving in it too... I can just hear Marcus now "Can you drive? I need to WII"!

Anonymous said...

I originally put this under the graduation pictures, but it fits here better.

May I trade vans with you??!!!!?? Yes, your mom did throw quite a 'fit' when we sold the yellow 1968 Chevy Cheville when she was two years old. Wish I still had it. That car is a classic.

Anxious to see pictures of the girls giving the van tour.

nennykins said...

wow! this is precious! i'll have to keep reading :)

Renae said...

when are we headed to Kansas???? details....congrats on the van...LOL!We just finished that phase of life :0)

tracey said...

I LOVED our Sienna and my kids still grieve its' loss. It's a great vehicle - you won't be sorry. And believe me, whatever you paid for the dvd and wireless headphones - SOOOOO worth it. Trust me, after countless drives to Canada or commuting here from NY in a sedan - you'll never look back.

Happy Mommy said...

I am so with Audrey! I love our Minivan!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

Paradise? I suppose any brand-spankin' new car with built in refrigerator and game room would be to a child.

I still can't get with the minivan thing. I was even the "anti-ute" (anti-SUV) until I caught a glimpse of mine. We ditched our v-70 wagon in favor of an XC-90. love, love, love it!

I love hearing the stories!

jill b said...

We were oh-so-close to the minivan a couple years ago when we purchased our SUV... My poor 20 something husband just couldn't take the plunge, though :) Maybe in a few years!