Friday, June 13, 2008

Cow Pie High

That is what Sojung's new school is lovingly called. While the school is about 40 minutes from Washington DC, it is still very rural. It is surrounded by cow pasture in the middle of a very little town. Those of you reading this from my hometown would even consider Nokesville, VA small. From what I can tell there isn't much else to Nokesville other than the main street that runs through town and the dozen or so businesses that line the street. It is cute and quaint and has a real Mayberry feel to it.

Sojung enrolled yesterday and while Brentsville High School is the smallest high school in Prince William County, it is much larger than the school she attended last semester.

Here are the classes she will be taking:
  • Algebra 2
  • Oceanography
  • PE
  • English 10
  • US Government
  • Music Theory
  • Art

She seems very excited, especially since there really isn't much of a dress code. And she gets to ride the bus. (Something I did a lot! Trust me, the excitement wears off.) The bus stop is in our front yard so she won't have far to go.

3 comments:

Twice Blessed said...

Our dentist Dr Bolil is in Nokesville!!! And Sojung's highschool..that may be about all.

Anonymous said...

The excitement of riding the bus to school might have soon wore off, but your educational experience continued. Remember you learned how to catch a polar bear.

Everyone needs to ask Deb about that.

Lori said...

I've been a blog lurker for a long time, so I figured I should finally say something. Isn't our area crazy like that? It is so built up around here, but if you drive for five miles, all of a sudden you are out in the country. I love your blog, by the way, and I like seeing the pictures of your family. I'll get some pics up soon too.