Friday, January 18, 2008

Markers and Poster Board


I think we are ready. As ready as we can be since we started this adventure less that a week ago. We had a snow storm last night and were unable to go out and run the errands we had planned because the roads were terrible.

Marcus gets most of the credit for getting the room ready. He put a different bed in the room which meant he had two beds to take apart and put back together. And in true Marcus fashion he did it without complaint.

We made a run to Kohl's for towels, picture frames and a rice cooker. Sojung emailed several pictures and we wanted to frame a few family pictures for her to keep in her room. We also framed one of her to keep in the family room. I hope this makes her feel at home. The reason for the rice cooker goes without saying. I was planning to get one eventually and after all of this it seemed like the right time. Now the last thing to do is to create a welcome sign. I have markers, poster board and limited artistic talent. I may have been better off letting my kindergarteners do this.

Sojung left Korea 1/19 at 10 AM. That seems impossible since it is 10 PM on 1/18 as I am typing this. Korea is 13 hours ahead of us. She arrives in the good ole USA on 1/19 at 9:20.

Safe travels, my American daughter. See you in the morning, which is really evening for you. You are going to be so tired...

1 comment:

Awin said...

"Safe travels, my American daughter."

What country is she from again?