Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Do these come with training wheels?















Marcus had his first lesson in Chopsticks 101. I think he may need to talk to Sojung about extra lessons! At least you tried, honey!!








On another note, Sojung has a computer in her room now and couldn't be happier! She is able to instant message with her family and friends.
Today was her first day of school and she has a full load! She is taking chemistry, geometry, algebra 2, world history, creative writing, English, art and Bible. I am going to find out tomorrow if we can drop a math class and get a study hall. I have no doubt she is a bright girl, but the girl needs a study hall!
The first day of school was very tiring for her. On top of that the students are all taking exams so it wasn't a normal day. All week is exam week and every day is a half day of school. Unfortunately for her host mom she has to stay all day because it is not half day for elementary.
She is watching American Idol with us. That show is funny no matter what language you speak.

4 comments:

Renae said...

Way to represent the Hawks Marcus Go KU!!!! :0)

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

Hey G's! How fun! I look forward to reading about your experience with your exchange student!
Way to go with those chopsticks. Maybe we need to get Sarah and Nathan to give you some lessons. PeiWei has some great helper clip things.
Love from TX!!

Awin said...

I think we need a video diary of Marcus's progress on the chopsticks. Each time he eats with them, take a video and post the sucker.

Have you told her that a blog exists to document her experiences? I'm sure you have by now, but if not...just wait until she's about 1 week away from leaving and spring it on her. You would absolutely blow her mind.

On the other hand, I wonder if she is writing a blog and what the title might be.... "My Trip to Gas Guzzlervile." or "My Time as the Focus of an American Blog"

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcus - when you're done learning the chopsticks, you can teach me... 'cause I am TERRIBLE! With them.