Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bus Drama

Here is the latest on the bus drama. After Sojung and Marcus talked for close to 20 minutes about her bus ordeal we realized the wonderful and efficient folks at Prince William County School Transportation Dept. cannot read a map. The cards they sent out with the bus information were completely wrong. Tax dollars at work! They even admitted it to Marcus when he called. (By the way he is on a first name basis with them. I think Linda will be having Christmas with us!) The time was wrong, the bus number was wrong and the location was wrong. Good grief! The bus they told her to get on dropped her a mile, yes, a mile from our house. Poor girl. Did you see the shoes she wore yesterday? (Check out the picture from her first day of school.) They were not meant for long distant walking! I am so thankful she has been here since January and knows the neighborhood. Who knows where she would have ended up if she didn't know where our house was!

This morning Marcus waited for the bus with her. You see the bus stop is in our front yard. I can hear the bus in the morning in the house. We are that close. Not a mile away. She made it home safely and to the right place.

Sojung loves the school even though it is about 10 times larger than the school she attended last semester. Her exciting news was she met a friend that has a car and loves to shop. I fear we will never see her again! I am glad she is making friends and is excited.

Meanwhile, December keeps getting closer...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had some bus drama today too! My 8 kindergarteners were put on the wrong bus by their teacher! They were dropped off 40 minutes pass when they were suppose to be dropped off! I had some frustrated parents.

I'm glad Marcus figured it all out for Sojung. :)

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

Arrgh! I hate it when people can't get the details right. It makes me crazy.

I can just hear him on the phone with them.

So glad he got it all figured out for her.

littletoesandcheerios said...

Glad to hear she's going to have fun shopping with her friends. I hope you still get to see her!
December will be very difficult I'm sure.

100 people at your home during a pumpkin carving contest! I would faint in 100 people were in my home!