Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!
Sojung gave me a beautiful silver heart necklace. One side says Mom and the other says I love you. So sweet. Marcus took the girls shopping and bought a Vera Bradley messenger bag...it is time to break out the Mommy bag since I am officially a Mommy! They also bought a very cute Vera Bradley photo album.
Audrey created a book for me for Mother's Day. I was very impressed with her artwork. Looks just like me! So cute. The cover of the book says "Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Mom" Here they are:

  1. You correct me with gentleness. (OK, what 8 year old comes up with that? I asked if she came up with these herself and she told me her teacher put some on the board and used them and some she thought of herself. I am going to assume she copied this one.)

  2. You care for me with cloths, (exact spelling!) food and warm blankets.

  3. You love me when you help me with my homework.

  4. You rock me when I feel sad.

  5. You read stories to me.

  6. You fix me breakfast.

  7. You let us play.

  8. You take me to the mall.
  9. You turn up the volume in the car.

  10. You let me sleep in on a Saturday. (However she doesn't let us! Those little darlings are up with the sun!) Betty created a cookbook at school. (She has a fantastic kindergarten teacher, wink wink) The kids all picked their favorite food and then told how to prepare it. There are some really interesting recipes in there like Banana Bread that takes 5 large onions and 3 carrots. Uh, no thank you. Betty's recipe was for Birthday Cake. You are going to want to rush to the store and get the ingredients for this. Here it is:

Betty's Birthday Cake

17 scoops of chocolate and vanilla ice cream

Put in cake pan and bake at 150 degrees for four hours. Then cut and put on a plate for your family.


11 comments:

Renae said...

Happy Mother's Day! <3

Awin said...

i expect to eat some of Betty's recipe when we're out this summer.

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

What a precious Day for you, Deb. A precious day, indeed.

Sarah's K class made similar cookbooks last year... we loved the stuff like cooking something for several hours at 20 degrees and then letting it cool off... Love those K's!

Anonymous said...

Wow...your first Mother's Day! I'm sure it was a very special one!!!

Happy Mommy said...

I am so happy for you! I know this was a very special day for you all! I can't wait to meet your girls! I'm sure Mr. G is looking forward to Fathers Day..

Twice Blessed said...

So happy for your great day! Which pattern is the bag? I'm the only one who asked that question??

The G's said...

Thank you for your comments. I LOVE COMMENTS! Dana- I am not sure of the pattern name for the bag but it is brown and pink. The photo album is yellow and black, the same print of the bag you gave me for my birthday. So cute. I am also glad to hear so many of you will be trying Betty's recipe. She will be a dessert expert just like her mama! And yes Happy Mommy - we are already planning Father's Day. The girls were talking about it on the way home from school. They were so excited to be able to do something for their Daddy. They think the world of him! Blessings to you all!

Anonymous said...

I will bring the girls your 4-H beginning cook book although none of the recipes sounds as good as Betty's ice cream birthday cake. Can't wait to come out there and have some. She can make it for Grandpa's birthday as well as their daddy's.

thesawhooks said...

What a wonderful day for all!! (Twice blessed...I was wondering about the bag too!!) :)

Dorinda said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day! Sorry for the delay - I need to link you on my blog so I remember to check more often :)

When do we get the story of your wonderful family? I'm dying to know because it's sooo awesome.

My Mother's Day card from Kaitlyn said "Happy Mother's Day from Your Favorite Things" then she drew my laptop, the TV, selling clothes and thankfully the family :) How funny is that??!! I think I should be worried :)

Sunny said...

SO SWEET!